Restaurants and Bars Team Leader
- The Restaurants and Bars Team Leader reports to the Restaurants and Bars Manager for the effective and efficient running of the Campus Catering service and is accountable to the Restaurants and Bars Manager for the successful performance of the Restaurants and Bars
- Create and sustain a work environment that embraces the company vision, mission and values and ensures fair, equitable treatment of all staff.
- Focus on the brand essence – “A good night’s sleep means a good day’s work” in a Zero Harm environment through the (as yet to be defined) guest centric touch points.
- Knowledgeable in the provisions and obligations of the Campus Operations Contract and related EDF/NNB Guidance documents. Is practiced in Food and Beverage procedures
- Manages the deployment and operation of a team of highly trained, service staff such that guests are consistently satisfied with the catering service.
- Ensures that all team members are knowledgeable as to the requirements of the relevant S.O.Ps (Standard Operating Procedures), providing support to colleagues to maintain the defined standards.
- Helps Team Managers and Team Leaders maintain the defined standards.
- Works with colleagues at all levels to deliver a consistent level of quality service.
- Practiced in customer and employee relations, contributing to the successful running of the Campus, and the satisfaction of those who work in it, consistent with that success.
Qualifications for the job
- At least two years’ experience in the same role
- Expertise in running a similar facility
- Must be an inspiring leader
- Must be strategic in their over-all approach
- Must be an intuitive communicator
- Must be an enabler
- Must always be able to say, ‘the buck stops at my desk’
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive Salary and Benefits
You will belong to Job Level – to be defined
Your compensation and benefits are embodied in your employment contract
Your role as Restaurants & Bars Team Leader is to assist in achieving your department’s objectives of the highest levels of guest services, profitability and staff satisfaction. You will directly supervise all restaurants and bars staff and ensure proper completion of all the department’s responsibilities for maximising the long- term operating performance of the HOST campus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upon your appointment, your immediate responsibility will be to ensure a smooth transition from the pre-opening phase to the scheduled day of opening.
- Jointly accountable with the Restaurants and Bars Manager for implementing the business strategies and campus initiatives throughout all aspects of operations, with specific emphasis on the Restaurants & Bars Department
- Assists with the coordination. planning and implementation of all the pre-opening requirements for the Restaurants & Bars Department, in particular: all outlets, all menus, all FF&E, all inventories and all pre-opening recruitment, training and staff requirements such as uniforms
- Assists in the management of all inventories within the department in line with the departmental budget
- Assists in leading the Department which includes Restaurants, Bars and other food outlets
- Conduct pre-shift briefings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as campus occupancy, menu changes and specials, and other important operational matters
- Conduct regular audits of the department to ensure all procedures are being followed correctly and standards are being adhered to
- Conducts physical inspections of all areas in order to evaluate the condition relative to health, safety, risk management, asset preservation, customer service, and company standards
- Champions the brand philosophy and ensures alignment with brand strategy amongst all staff
- Demonstrates key drivers of guests’ satisfaction.
- Makes balanced decisions based on what is best for the customer, right for the business and supportive to all staff
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains a diverse and highly productive team of Guest Centric staff
- Facilitates the growth and career development of the team
- Assists in overseeing the development and management of the annual operating budget including capital expenditure to exceed budget expectations
- Recommends revenue-enhancing capital improvements and capital programs for expense reduction
- Focuses on building revenue by developing and executing all revenue stream possibilities
- Maintains a thorough understanding of HOSTs market positioning using competitive resources, adjusting strategy accordingly
Key Result Areas and Common Standards of Performance for all managers in the following areas:
- Asset Control
- Legal Compliance
- Staff Records Development & Training
- Team Briefing
- Innovation & Creativity
- Health & Safety
- Quality Control
- Care of the Property
- Management Team Contributions/meetings
- Record keeping
- Walk the Job
- Assigned Projects