Meetings & Events Coordinator
• The Meetings & Events Coordinator reports to the Food and Beverage Service Manager for the effective and efficient running of the Campus Meeting and Event service and is accountable to the Food and Beverage Service Manager for the successful performance of the Meeting and Event service.
• Create and sustain a work environment that embraces the company vision, mission and values and ensures fair, equitable treatment of all staff.
• Focus on the brand essence – “A good night’s sleep means a good day’s work” in a Zero Harm environment through the guest centric touch points.
• Knowledgeable in the provisions and obligations of the Campus Operations Contract and related EDF/NNB Guidance documents. Is practiced in Food and Beverage procedures and understands the functionality of the meeting room reservation process within the PMS.
• Coordinates the deployment and operation of a team of highly trained, service staff such that guests are consistently satisfied with the meeting, event and catering service.
• Ensures that all team members are knowledgeable as to the requirements of the relevant S.O.Ps (Standard Operating Procedures), providing support to colleagues to maintain the defined standards.
• Helps Team Managers and Team Leaders maintain the defined standards.
• Works with colleagues at all levels to deliver a consistent level of quality service.
• Practiced in customer and employee relations, contributing to the successful running of the Campus, and the satisfaction of those who work in it, consistent with that success.
Qualifications for the job:
• At least one years’ experience in a similar role
• Desirable to be a graduate of a hospitality or business course or its equivalent
• Must be strategic in their over-all approach
• Must be an intuitive communicator
• Must be an enabler
• Must always be able to say, ‘the buck stops at my desk’
• Excellent communication skills
You will belong to Job Level – 3 administration
Your compensation and benefits are embodied in your employment contract
The Meeting and Event Coordinator shares responsibility to support the Food and Beverage Service Manager and Front Office Manager for maximising the long- term operating performance of the HOST campus. As Meeting and Event Coordinator your main role is to achieve your department’s objectives of the highest levels of guest services, profitability and team satisfaction
Duties & responsibilities:
Accountable for implementing the business strategies and campus initiatives, with specific emphasis on the Meeting and Event Coordination.
• You will provide all the meeting and event business data in the preparation of the business plan
• Directly assist the Food and Beverage, Front Office, Reservations and Sales and Marketing Managers in the implementation of the business strategies and campus initiatives throughout all aspects of the meetings & events services
• As required liaise with food and beverage team leaders for a particular meeting or event ensuring proper completion of expected tasks based on the approved Events Order (EO)
• Monitor the daily preparation of all set-ups for service and efficiently coordinate the delivery of all food, beverage and other services for all events
• Maintain contact with regular clients to build relationships with the key stake holders
• Assist in the achievement of maximum profitability by controlling costs, including labour costs, without sacrificing quality of service in liaison with the management team
• Coordinates together with the Food and Beverage Service Manager the weekly schedules on all assigned meetings and events
• Ensure that the food and beverage management and team are fully briefed as to the event purpose and requirements
• Collate post event feedback and submit to the Food and Beverage, Front Office and Sales and Marketing Managers
• Champion the brand philosophy and ensure alignment with brand strategy amongst all team members
• Work closely with the Food & Beverage Service Manager and the Sales & Marketing Manager for all F&B outlets special promotions
• Focus on building revenue by developing and executing all revenue stream possibilities
• Maintain a thorough understanding of HOSTs market positioning using competitive resources and analysis, adjusting strategy accordingly
• Provide input & supports overall selling strategy; aligning with the business strategy and proper pricing and positioning of HOST in the market
• Key Result Areas and Common Standards of Performance in the following areas:
o Asset Control
o Legal Compliance
o Staff Records Development & Training
o Team Briefing
o Innovation & Creativity
o Health & Safety
o Quality Control
o Care of the Property
o Management Team Contributions/meetings
o Record keeping
o Walk the Job
o Assigned Projects