• The Head Chef reports to the General Manager, has a close working relationship with the Food and Beverage Manager for the effective and efficient running of the Campus Catering service and is accountable to the General Manager for the successful performance of the Food & Beverage Department.
• Create and sustain a work environment that embraces the company vision, mission and values and ensures fair, equitable treatment of all staff.
• Focus on the brand essence – “A good night’s sleep means a good day’s work” in a Zero Harm environment through the (as yet to be defined) guest centric touch points.
• Knowledgeable in the provisions and obligations of the Campus Operations Contract and related EDF/NNB Guidance documents. Is practiced in Food and Beverage procedures; manages the department and sub-contractors in accordance with the various agreements.
• Manages the deployment and operation of a team of highly trained, kitchen team such that guests are consistently satisfied with the Food and Beverage service.
• Ensures that all team members are knowledgeable as to the requirements of the relevant S.O.Ps (Standard Operating Procedures), providing support to colleagues to maintain the defined standards.
• Helps Team Managers and Team Leaders maintain the defined standards.
• Practiced in customer and employee relations, contributing to the successful running of the Campus, and the satisfaction of those who work in it, consistent with that success.
• Working with colleagues at all levels to deliver a consistent level of quality service.
• The Head Chef participates as a member of the ManCom in all matters pertaining to the operations of the Company.
Qualifications for the job:
• At least two years’ experience in the same role
• Expertise in running a similar facility
• Must be a graduate of a culinary, hospitality or business course or its equivalent
• Must be an inspiring leader
• Must be strategic in their over-all approach
• Must be an intuitive communicator
• Must be an enabler
• Must always be able to say, ‘the buck stops at my desk’
• Excellent communication skills
• You will belong to Job Level – to be defined
• Your compensation and benefits are embodied in your employment contract
o Benefits package to be defined/agreed
• The Head Chef shares equal responsibility with the Food and Beverage Manager and the General Manager for maximising the long- term operating performance of the HOST campus.
Duties & responsibilities:
• A member of the management committee (ManCom) which include the General Manager, Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Facilities Manager, Sales & Marketing Manager and Human Resources Manager.
• Accountable for implementing the business strategies and HOST initiatives throughout all aspects of operations, with specific emphasis on the kitchen Department.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of HOSTs market positioning using competitive resources, adjusting strategy accordingly.
• Provide input & support overall selling strategy; aligning with the business strategy and proper pricing and positioning of HOST in the market.
• Perform any other executive task as required by the General Manager.
• Ensure compliance with all food hygiene regulations.
• To perform all food production to the MACCUP analysis.
• To produce recipe guides and costings for every dish in line with budget for gross profit.
• To ensure agreed presentation standards at food are maintained at all times.
• Key Result Areas and Common Standards of Performance for all managers in the following areas:
o Asset Control
o Legal Compliance
o Staff Records Development & Training
o Team Briefing
o Innovation & Creativity
o Health & Safety
o Quality Control
o Care of the Property
o Management Team Contributions/meetings
o Record keeping
o Walk the Job
o Assigned Projects