HOST working in collaboration with Somerset Larder have the following vacancy at the HOST campuses
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. To assist Chef’s and Front of House Manager in the preparation and cooking of food
2. To serve meals, snacks & drinks including taking payments.
3. To clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
4. Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
5. To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
6. To carry out and record any checks specified by the Site Manager, Catering Manager, Front of House Manager.
7. To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
8. To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
9. To participate as a HACCP Team member if required
10. To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
11. Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
12. To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
13. To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
14. To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
15. Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
16. To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
17. To assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
18. Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Site Manager.
19. Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Personal Specification – Catering Assistant
Fastidious personal grooming, cleanliness and freshness.
Complete On-boarding and Vetting successfully.
Flexible, conscientious and co-operative.
Honest and trustworthy.
Available to work 5 out of 7 days.
Able to commit to flexible start and finish times each day.
Good with detail and able to follow Company rules.
Self-motivated and practical.
Ability and willingness to work on own but as part of a team.
Considers the wider of impact of the decisions on the company and the customer.
Systematic – ability to carry out repetitious, routine assignments effectively.
Ability to communicate with others effectively.
Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture.
Good general education and numeracy skills.
Good organisational skills.
Good inter personal skills including clear concise communication.
Customer Care and Customer Service experience, preferably in a Catering environment – candidate must have the ability to communicate positively and confidently about Somerset Larder and HPC Contract to our consumers and clients.
Able to work under pressure, against timeline and sometimes changing information.
Problem solving skills, ability to see the ‘end game’ and work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
Ordered, organised and able to work well within the different environments of each of the service and supply elements of the HPC Contract.
A sense of humour and a positive attitude, as at times work streams rapidly change and can be testing in terms of challenging understanding.
Ability to use and understand Cash, Cash Handling, EPOS and Cashless systems.
Previous Large Catering experience.
Previous responsibility for stock and cash management control
Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
Level 2 H & S Qualification
Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points.
Desirable but not essential