Since the outbreak of COVID-19 HOST have been working extremely hard to ensure the safety of their guests and the HOST team.
A new track and trace system will be made mandatory throughout or campus areas. This will ensure that we can protect our guests and teams before, during and after their HOST visit.
Screens have now been fitted in office areas to further ensure our team are protected whilst in their work environment.
The cleaning of bedrooms has been reduced to once weekly and should guests require additional items these are left outside of bedroom doors. Only essential maintenance work is being carried out in bedrooms.
Bedrooms of guests who have chosen to self-isolate or have shown symptoms of COVID-19 are left empty for a minimum of 72hours prior to any cleaning of the bedroom taking place.
The government has placed no restriction on key workers returning to their permanent residence, however, we would discourage this.
Our restaurants remain open, following strict social distancing guidelines, and we continue to encourage guests to take advantage of our ‘take-out’ service which is constantly being reviewed.
Two meter distancing stickers can be found on the restaurant floors, and there are plenty of posters and monitors throughout the central amenities buildings advising the HOST team and guests of practical ways in which to stop the spread.
Cutlery is pre-wrapped in napkins by staff wearing gloves and is given to each customer to avoid unnecessary touching of cutlery. A similar procedure is in place for condiments.
Help yourself salad bars have been replaced by pre-packed salads.
Dining tables in the restaurant are well spaced and adhere to the two-meter distancing rule.
Guests are, more than ever, encouraged to purchase meal inclusive packages so that all food has been pre-paid prior to arrival, however, when cash payments are required contact payment is encouraged. Cleaning of the restaurant and central amenities building is taking place more frequently than usual, with touch points being sanitised every 15 minutes.
To the joy of the masses, our bars have been reopened. To ensure that we are providing a safe recreation area as well as quality service, we have positioned our furniture to facilitate social distancing both in internal and external areas. This should not be moved, and our dedicated security team are on hand to provide support should there be any concerns.
Bar service is offered with a step by step purchasing system clearly demarcated through the use of floor signs.
Notices have been displayed prominently around the bar areas to ensure that our guests have the information to hand regarding social distancing and limiting the spread of COVID-19.
Gyms have been reopened to Campus residents. Social distancing methods, cleaning and track and trace have been introduced in our gyms to enable users to exercise safely and responsibly whilst operating within Government guidelines.
One way systems are now in place with a single point of entry and exit to further ensure contact is reduced between users.
Relevant PPE is provided for all team members and each team member has been issued with their own sanitiser, in addition to washing their hands regularly. Additional hand sanitisers have been placed throughout the central amenities building and the HOST team and guests are encouraged to use them at all times.
Barriers are in place at reception and at the restaurant tills to protect our guests and team members.
The HOST team are aware of the employee assistance program and have been given additional resources to cope with any anxiety they may be feeling at this difficult time. HOST continue to work with SPS to ensure the safe transportation of their team to and from campus.
HOST take the safety and wellbeing of their guests and team extremely seriously, and will continue to work alongside NNB within Government guidelines during this difficult time.
Red Phase Actions include but not limited to;
- Regular and frequent hand washing for everyone, good personal hygiene inc daily showers and daily change of our own PPE i.e. Chefs wear
- Increase the frequency of cleaning & sanitising of team & public toilets, changing rooms, offices, hand contact areas to 2 hourly intervals.
- Disposing of paper, leaflets, creeping crud, unnecessary items from all front of house, back of house & office areas.
- Ensuring that everyone cleans & sanitises their work area / station including all associated hand contact areas every 2 hours.
- Anyone presenting with a high temperature or a new continuous cough to be sent home for self-isolation.
- During service in Food & Beverage areas cleaning and sanitising service areas in public contact every 15 minutes, removing sachets from display, dispense cutlery in bags / napkins, recycle tongs and serving utensils every 15 minutes through the high temperature wash.
- Ensuring guests are informed upon check in and upon entry to the Restaurants to use the hand sanitisers without delay.