The outdoor sports pitches on Hinkley Campus are suitable for a range of sporting activities including five-a-side football, basketball and tennis. Sedgemoor Campus has two five-a-side football pitches and a full size grass pitch.
All HOST guests can enjoy free access to our on-site sports facilities. They are also available to the public for hire on a first come, first served basis, and it is recommended to book in advance either via reservations or the reception desk on campus.
- Sports pitch users do so at their own risk
- No medical facilities are available at the sports pitches
- Please note visitor parking is limited
- A small changing room and toilet facilities are available at Sedgemoor Campus only
- The facilities should be left as users would expect to find them
- Sports facilities terms and conditions may change at any time
Our sports pitches are available during the following hours:
|Day||Hinkley Campus||Sedgemoor Campus|
|Monday to Friday||19.00 - 21.00||13.00 - 14.00|
19.00 - 21.00
|Saturday and Sunday||14.00 - 17.00||14.00 - 17.00|
Charges apply to members of the public wishing to book a session on one of the sports pitches. This charge contributes to the cost of general maintenance and use of exterior flood lights.
5-a-side multi-use courts (Hinkley Campus)
£20 per hour
5-a-side football pitches (Sedgemoor Campus)
£20 per hour
4G 11-a-side pitch (Sedgemoor Campus)
£40 per hour or £60 for two hours
Terms & conditions
- Booking of the sports pitches is limited to no more than seven days in advance (unless block booked, i.e. 10 or more events) and then for 55-minute slots, starting on the hour.
- Users are required to bring the equipment necessary to play their game of choice (Hinkley and Sedgemoor Campus pitches have football goals posts and nets).
- The lead booker is required to report to the Security Office at the entrance gates to gain access to the sports pitches and changing-room facilities. All other participants may proceed directly to the pitch.
- The lead booker will be required to show a formal piece of identification (e.g. a driver’s license) to confirm the booking.
- The individual making a booking will be required to sign a copy of the Code of Conduct on behalf of his/her group accepting the conditions of use.
- A copy of the Code of Conduct (inclusive of Health & Safety) will be made available to all visitors.